If we know about a file or folder that has no virus or we want the Symantec security scan to
Avoid scanning it (backup for example); we can set an exclusion using Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
1. Open Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console.
2. Login in admin rights.
3. Select "Policies" on the left pane.
4. Click "centralized exceptions".
5. Right click the right pane and press "add"
6. Name the new created policy.
7. Click "centralized exceptions".
8. On the right pane press Add > security risk exceptions > file or folder
9. We can add a "prefix variable" or specify the exact folder.
Media & Video specialist with Adobe products.
Founded Gmalaya at 2008.
Latest posts by Alon Yardeni (see all)
- exchange 2010 no-reply email - January 27, 2014
- Personalize Symantec endpoint protection client install - January 22, 2014
- Outlook 2013 crash configuring exchange account - January 17, 2014