To remove or disable office live message screen (that no matter what you do may always pop-up when opening word or excel fine) follow this procedure:
1. Make sure the logged in user has administrative rights on the computer (in case of no admin user, you should add him to administrators group and then remove after the procedure).
2. Open registry (Start > Run, type regedit, click OK).
3. Expand the left pane HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > select Microsoft.
4. Right click Microsoft and choose New and select Key.
5. Type OfficeLive and press the Enter key.
6. Close registry editor.
7. Open Word. When you get the Office Live message, make sure to mark “Do not show me this message again” and then click Continue.
8. Open work again to check if the message disappears.