The main idea of configure universal group caching is to reduce the connection to global catalog when users login to domain.
Follow this procedure:
1. Open "Active Directory Sites and Services" snap-in.
2. Browse to the site you want to enable group caching from the left pane and click on it.
3. Open the NTDS Site Settings object on the right pane.
4. Under "Universal Group Membership Caching", mark the box that presents "Enable Universal Group Caching".
5. Leave the default set to <Default> and click OK.