One of the most familiar issues with outlook 2013 undated version is the outlook 2013 crash when configuring exchange account, IMAP account or POP account using windows 8.1 operating system.
Many of the articles on that issue relate to basic crash “”Microsoft Outlook has stopped working. Microsoft is looking for a solution.” when trying to open the program, each case with a different DLL name and different annoying 0xc000000 fault in event viewer.
From my experience, try the following items before re-installing\installing office 2013 and update it.
1. Disable your antivirus program and open outlook.
2. Disable all unnecessary add-ins as follow:
Open outlook 2013 > go to “file” > go to “options” > go to “add-ins” > below locate the “Manage” criteria > Press “GO” > Uncheck the add-ins that not related directly to office 2013.
3. Disable exchange cache mode and test if outlook opens.
4. Update office 2013 with the latest updates: last update available to outlook writing this article can be found here.
Word 2010 Macros is the perfect solution for creating items like: tables, paragraphs etc, inside work for further use without use copy-paste from another document. Using Word 2010 Macros can be done by coding using Visual Basic (for programmers) or recording operations. The small disadvantage with Word 2010 Macros is the recording procedure that will not allow using mouse in many cases (except drawing and tables tools) and will not obey the CTRL+Z to undo changes.
To use Word 2010 Macros:
1. Open Word 2010 > Go to “View” < select “Macors” < choose “record macro”.
2. Name the Macro under “Macro name”.
3. On the “Store Macro in” tab choose the “Normal.dot” if you want the macro to be recognized on any file you’ll open (recommended). Otherwise, the macron will be available only in this document.
4. Start edits your document, insert any item you want that can be used in future.
5. When done < go to “view” < “stop record”
That’s pretty much it! Your macro is ready to use. Word 2010 Macros you just created should be available for you on any document you open.
To check Word 2010 Macros:
- Open Word 2010 >Create new file < Go to “View” < select “Macors” < choose “View macros”.
- Mark the Macro name you created < press the “Run” button on right side menu.
- The macro should insert the exact item you created with it.
You can create a Word 2010 macros to each item separately by opening new document from beginning and add one macro in each document. In that way each macro holds one item and all macros gathered in “view macros”.
- Open new document < create a macro < name is “Table 4×4” < record table 4×4 < stop record.
- Open new document < create a macro < name is “Table 7×7” < record table 7×7 < stop record.
- Open new document < You have already two options in “View macros” to create two kinds of tables. Note you can add many Word 2010 Macros as you want so you may have macro for almost any item you need. Word 2010 Macros also saves design, fonts just like it saved on document.
Office 2003 included a nice built in add on for office tools that exported and imported all POP3 configuration data (no passwords – so user had to put passwords only).move pop3 configuration with outlook 2010 will take place as follow.
Actually, this kind of operation can be done with outlook 201o in a separate way:
1. Login to original computer where configuration already setup with administrator privileged.
2. Go to start < run < regedit
3. search for the registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook
4. Export this key (right click < export).
5. copy the key to target computer 6. Enter the passwords for imported mail accounts.
Outlook 2010 includes three types of lists that each one of them includes a set of reconfigured styles. The lists types are: numbered, bulleted and multilevel.
Those types of lists available under “Format Text tab” located under “Paragraph group”. Bulleted and numbered lists can be found in “Message tab” in basic text group as well.
To use Outlook 2010 format lists:
1. Open Outlook 2010 < open a message < select the text needs to be formatted as a list.
2. Go to “Paragraph group” < Open the “Format Text” tab < select “Bullets” < click the arrow next to Bullets in order to select a different style for the list < select the requested style.
3. Click “Multilevel List” to change the text to a different level < select “Change
List Level” < choose the new level from the list menu.
4. Click the arrow near the Bullet button in order to create a new style for list <
Select “Define New Bullet” < Click “Picture”\”Font”\”Symbol< choose new bullet character < click “OK”.
To Add and remove file types attachments with outlook 2010:
1.Open registry (click “start” <Run < type “regedit” <click “Run”.
3.To create ADD list – type a string value named Level1Add < set as value all attachment list you wish to add with separated comma (.html;.xls)
4.To create Remove list – type a string value named Level1Remove < set as value all attachment list you wish to remove with separated comma (same as step 3).
To set message size limit in outlook 2010
1.Open Outlook 2010 < Open “Send/Receive Groups”.
2.Choose the group to be modified < click” Edit”.
3.Select the account that handle the folder you want to restrict message size limit for.
4.Mark the folder < Specify the criteria for limiting the message size according to one of the three options listed:
Download Headers Only
Download Complete Item Including Attachments
Download Only Headers For Items Larger Than
Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook is a software that designed to sync between Google apps account and Microsoft outlook account when all data stores under Google mail servers and Outlook acts as its under the local Exchange server. To sync google apps with outlook Simply install the software from here:
1. open Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook.
2. Fill in the Google Apps account email address and Password.
3. Click “create profile” < choose which requested data to import from Outlook to Google apps.
Category list considered as a great method to classify mail times in Outlook.Import category list outlook 2010 involves modifying the registry.
If one person or system administrator created the ultimate list that includes all categories for organization, this list can be duplicated to all outlooks instead of letting any user careate the categories from scratch.
This procedure can be done by using .REG file as follow:
2.Copy the text below:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
“NewCategories”=”Category 1;Ctaegory 2;Ctaegory 3”
Make sure to replace”Ctaegory 1;Ctaegory 2;Ctaegory 3” with the requested categories, for example “finnance;media”
3.Save the file and change its extension to be .REG.
4.Put the file on a Public network share.
5.Instruct users (who needs this category list) to double click the file and press “OK” to get the list to their outlook.
This is how to set Startup View for outlook 2010
1. open Outlook 2010 < click “File” < “Options”.
2. In the left pane < click “Advanced”.
3. Find “Start Outlook In This Folder” text box < click “Outlook Start And Exit group”< click “Browse”
< choose the startup folder.
4. click “OK” to save all dialog boxes.
There are two main methods to add or remove columns in Outlook 2010.
1.Click “View Settings” on the View tab < click “Columns” < the “Show Columns dialog box” appears.
2.select the requested column from Columns list < click “add” to add the column or
select the requested column from Columns list < click “remove” to remove the column.
1. Open the reuqested folder in Single\Preview view.
2. right click the column header bar <choose “Field Chooser”.
3. Find the name of the field to be added < drag the field from the Field Chooser requested location on column header bar.
4. If you want to remove a field < drag out the field from the column header bar.